Terms and conditions
Win a double pass to the World Environment Fair competition Terms and Conditions
9am Thursday 31 May 2017 until 5pm Friday 1 June 2017.
1. The organiser of the competition is the South Australian Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources of 81-95 Waymouth Street Adelaide 5000, ABN 36 702 093 234, on behalf of Ian Hunter MLC, Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation, Minister for Water and the River Murray, and Minister for Climate Change.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this competition, entrants agree to abide by the competition rules and regulations.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents. Employees of DEWNR or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
4. The competition entry period commences at 9am Thursday, 31 May 2017 and ends at 5pm Friday, 2 June 2017. DEWNR is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
5. DEWNR reserves the right to request proof of identity of all winners. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DEWNR. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, DEWNR in its absolute discretion may disqualify the winner.
6. DEWNR reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant or voter suspected of tampering with the entry process.
7. Entrants must comment on a relevant post (between 31 May 2017 and 1 June 2017) on the Nature Play SA Facebook page or The Adelaide Sustainability Centre Facebook page or Low Carbon Future SA Facebook Page or National Parks South Australia Facebook page with how they plan to celebrate World Environment Day, to qualify for entry into the competition.
8. The 5 best ideas determined to be the best by the judging panel will be chosen as the winner of a double pass to the World Environment Fair. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, racially offensive, contain objectionable content or are otherwise inappropriate will also be disqualified. DEWNR reserves the right to disqualify any entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these terms and conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at DEWNR’s absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into.
10. The entrant grants DEWNR the right to free reproduction of all entries in association with the products and services of the department. This includes, but is not limited to, online and hardcopy publications, posters, flyers, signage, calendars, websites and other digital, social or print media.
11. Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent for their name and entry to be published by DEWNR. This permission extends to receiving contact from DEWNR staff for future promotions, which could include news articles, photographs or filming.
12. Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent to receiving information and updates from the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources via social media.
13. The contact details of entrants to this competition will not be shared with other organisations or Government bodies without the entrant’s consent.
15. The winner will receive 2 tickets to the World Environment Fair at the Adelaide Showground, to be used on either Saturday 3 June or Sunday 4 June 2017, total minimum value $30.
16. The winner will be tagged in the final post and will be contacted by private Facebook message.
17. Winners will need to provide a valid email address and will be emailed their tickets direct from the organisers of World Environment Fair on Friday 2nd June after 5pm and before 9am on Saturday 3rd June 2017 .
18. If the winner does not provide a valid email address the prize will be forfeited. 18. Non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by DEWNR.
19. If due to reasons beyond DEWNR’s control, the prize is unavailable, DEWNR, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
20. Any costs associated with the use of prizes are to be covered by the winner.
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of DEWNR and which prevents DEWNR from complying with these terms and conditions, DEWNR will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
22. DEWNR, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
23. DEWNR collects personal information about entrants for the purpose of running this competition. Entry details remain the property of DEWNR. Entrants consent to DEWNR using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of conducting the competition and awarding any prizes, and for market research purposes.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with, Facebook.